The different videos in this topic explain the various types of plants (like herbs, shrubs, tree etc). It starts with a beautiful animated story – The Hunter and the Birds . This topic is meant for primary class children (age 6-8 years). Have fun, children!
This is part1 of a short story (English) of a group of birds who delayed an important work of cutting a tree that can harm them. They get caught in a hunter's trap. This story helps children to learn about the various types of plants.
The part2 of the story can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69PfhePeO04
Rebuild the Farm
This is a fun-filled children game, where you need to help a farmer whose farm got destroyed by a monster. The monster kept all the parts of the plants in a magic box. Your goal is to rebuild the farm by joining the different parts of the plants that come out from the magic box. There are two levels in the game – one level where you can join the parts in any order and in the second level you need to join the parts in the order of the growth of the plant. Through this game, you can learn different parts of the plant (like root, stem, branch, leaves, flowers and fruits), the different types of the plant (like climber, creeper, tree, etc.) and how a plant grows. To download the game on your Android device, click here. Have fun, children!
Pluck The Fruit
This is a fun-filled children game, where you need to help a farmer whose truck load of fruits was eaten by a veggie monster.The farmer has to pluck the fruits quickly, as he needs to deliver the fruits to a customer who is ready to give him good price for it. Your goal is to help the farmer to PLUCK AS MANY FRUITS as possible that grow on the tree – like apples, oranges, etc and you get as many coins as possible. You should NOT pluck a flower, otherwise it will not turn into a fruit and you lose a coin. You should pluck the fruit in TIMELY manner, otherwise it gets rotten. As you move forward in levels, the speed of the game increases and you have to pluck the fruits faster. Through this game you will learn how a flower converts into a fruit. To download the game on your Android device, click here. Have fun, children!
Reap the Harvest
This is a fun-filled children game, where you need to help a farmer whose truck load of vegetables was eaten by a monster.The farmer has to pluck the vegetables quickly, as he needs to deliver the vegetables to a customer who is ready to give him a good price for it. Your goal is to help the farmer to REAP THE HARVEST by picking AS MANY VEGETABLES as possible that grow below the ground – like potatoes, radish etc and you get as many coins as possible. While picking the vegetables, you should be cautious NOT remove a plant that doesn’t grow the vegetables under the ground – otherwise you lose a coin. As you move forward in levels, the speed of the game increases and you have to pick the vegetables faster. Through this game you will learn the difference between plants that grow vegetables under the ground and those that grow vegetables above the ground. To download the game on your Android device, click here. Have fun, children!
Story Questions and Answers
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Should we keep today’s work for tomorrow?
A. Yes, work would be decreased then
B. No, the work may grow
C. Yes, it helps us to the work in better way
2. Is it always necessary to listen to a knowledgeable person?
A. Yes, their knowledge may help us
B. No, listening to them may waste our time
C. May be, but we should listen to them when we are in good mood
3. Why did the rats help the birds?
A. Because, they were afraid of rage of fairy
B. Because, they can’t live out those birds
C. Because a friend in need is a friend indeed
4. Can trees have bigger fruit than pumpkins?
A. Yes, most of the trees have
B. No, those very heavy fruit can’t stay hanged from branches
C. Yes, fruits on trees grow bigger than pumpkin
5. Don’t you think thorns are unnecessary addition to a beautiful plant?
A. Yes, thorns make them useless
B. No, thorns serve a great purpose for them
C. No, thorns make them more useful for us
1. What was the mistake of the birds because of which they got caught by the hunter?
2. What would have happened if the birds didn’t listen to the fairy’s idea of flying together?
3. What are the different kinds of plants you saw in the story? Classify them based on their size, shape, flowers, fruits etc.
4. Can you think of any other idea which could have freed the birds, apart from flying with the net?
5. Which quality of rose attracted the female mouse – the thorns, smell or beauty of the rose?
6. What would happen if the mouse couldn’t cut the net? If you were the fairy, what will you do then?
7. Can the pumpkin plant grow up along the tree like the climber you saw? If yes, explain how? If no, think why not?
8. Was hunter a bad man? Why do you think so?
1. The birds didn’t listen to the fairy when she warned them about the climber plant.
2. The hunter would have caught them unless they came up with some other plan to save themselves.
3. Different plants have different kinds of leaves, stem and size. Think about the plants you saw in story.
4. Assume, you are the fairy. Now think what you could do with the net.
5. Just try to think why people love roses.
6. The fairy would have to think something else to save the birds. Imagine yourself in her shoes and take the charge of saving the birds.
7. Pumpkins are too heavy but stem of the plant is very weak. Now think a little.
8. Some people have no other way to arrange food other than hunting. But what if the hunter were catching the birds to sell them to get lots of money?
Topic Questions and Answers
Multiple Choice Questions
1. I am a small plant that can cure many diseases. I have very thin stem. I am very short and can live for few months. I am ___
2. I visited a grape farm. The grape plant grows by climbing the wall or sticks – just like snake. Why?
A. It has thick roots.
B. It can’t take the weight of its fruits.
C. It has thin stems.
3. Can you guess which kind of plant grows heaviest fruits or vegetables?
4. What is the use of thorns on the plants?
A. To make them look beautiful
B. To protect themselves from plant eaters
C. They are absolutely useless
5. Most of crop is of type herbs. Why is it so?
A. Crops need to grow fast and herbs grow fast
B. Only herbs can supply all nutrients
C. None of A and B
6. Can you guess, which kind of plants have weakest stem among these?
7. World’s oldest plant is 4, 789 years old. Wow! it is very huge too. Can you guess which type of plant it is?
1. Why the creeper does not try to climb like a climber though it has a stem just like climber?
2. What would happen, if the rose plants did not have thorns?
3. The tree has the strongest stem. The creeper has a much thinner stem. Does it mean the leaves of creeper are always smaller than the tree?
4. A small plant grows into a tree. Does that means all the trees were like a shrub someday?
5. Look around your house and try to find at least one plant of each type that you learnt in this lesson.
6. Have you ever played hide and seek? Which kind of plants can you use to hide?
1. Find out the kind of fruits that grow on the creeper – are they light or heavy? Will the creeper be able to bear its weight if it climbs?
2. Imagine the beautiful rose plant without thorn – what will people do with it?
3. Classification of plant is mainly based on stem and not based on their leaves. So creeper may have larger leaf than tree.
4. No – the trees have woodier stem than the shrub of same size. Shrub has branches more nearer to the ground than that of a small tree.
5. No hint required – just watch the video and try to find a similar plant.
6. Many trees have thick trunk and many shrubs grow into bushes – so now you know where to hide